Monday, September 28, 2009

Time To Catch Up

Well I told you from the start I would not be very good at posts....and suprise I'm not. I'll just talk about the highlights of this year so far, sorry no pictures they just take to long to upload.

This spring we finally got our camping trailer and have enjoyed it as much as we can. Our first camping trup was down to Cherry Creek by the Sand Dunes. It was mid March and it was actually really warm the first night, we were wearing shorts and catching up on our sun that we had been missing from the winter. We were able to ride our 4-wheeler and have so much fun, until the next day. There was a wind storm so that left us stuck inside our trailer with no entertainment and a hyper child. It was a little hard but worth the fun we did have.

Let's see, next camping trip was bear hunting with Nicole and Eric, it was a colder and rainy trip but fun as well. Eric didn't see any bears but on our scouting trip a couple of weeks before we were able to see a bear up Spanish Fork Canyon. Thats the first time I have ever seen a bear in Utah.

Memorial Weekend we up Sheep Creek and pretty much got rained out. Not a great trip but it had its fun moments. Then it was cabin time. It was beautiful weather, we were able to meet up with my friends Heather and Austin and floated down Big Springs. We saw a ton of moose. On the road to Dan's cabin on night I saw a couple of bull moose. The next morning Kain woke us up barking, Dan looked out the window and there was a moose right outside the cabin. The next night we went to look for moose and we saw a mother moose and her two babies. Then about 1/4 mile down the road we saw 3 bull moose. It was an amazing sight. Ok I will post a picture, I love moose.

But it was so much fun up there, we were able to go shopping in West Yellowstone, go 4-wheeling and just spend time in an amazing place.

We have had a great summer with a few more camping trips to Strawberry Lake, where we caught crayfish and cooked them up. Kain got sprayed by a skunk, but I don't think it really bugged hime. But he was one stincky dog. Just a couple of weeks ago we went up Fairview Canyon for my birthday. Once again we went 4-wheeling and just had a blast. We had to give Kain a lift on our 4-wheeler. It was pretty funny.

Well I think that about wraps up our summer. It seems like it has just flown by. The spring was pretty cold and wet which really put a damper on some of our summer activities. But over all what a summer it was. I am just so happy that we live in this amazing place, I love the mountains, I love the lakes, I just love Utah!

Now a quick update about our family. We are all doing great! Dan is still working at Complete Restoration and loving it. I am still working at Hollywood Video part-time, and I work at RE/MAX Results in Provo. I work 3 days a week there and love it. MaKenna is just getting so big. I love that little girl, so is just the sweetest girl I have ever met. Just full of love she is. She brightens up my day when she comes running into our bedroom in the morning and says "hi mommy". What a doll.

No comments: