Monday, September 1, 2008

Go Bye Cabin

Dan and I helped close up Dan's parents cabin in Island Park a couple of weeks ago. It was sad, I love the cabin and we had the perfect weather up there. It was sunny and warm the whole time. Dan's parents were kind enough to take us to some new places that I have never been before. So on Saturday we packed up and went to Virginia City. It's a old ghost town, that is now a tourist attraction. This building that we were standing by was used to hang 12 men. It was pretty interesing to walk around this old town. I wondered how people could survive such harsh conditions that were given to them? In our time we have heaters, bathrooms, washer and dryers all right in our homes. Back then they didn't. So I just wonder when there was 5 feet of snow on the groung how they curvived? Here is MaKenna and me in front of the old press. It really is impressive how they used to publish a paper. As we were walking around we ran into Kain's twin. We couldn't beleive it! It looks just like him, but a little older. Here are some more pictures of the old town.

After we were done looking around we went home. Then Dan's parents treated us to a Prime Rib dinner and a play. We get so spoiled when we go up there, I love it!

No comments: