Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Little Tree That Could

This past Sunday we went with some of our friends to cut us down a Christmas Tree. We have done this for the last couple of Christmas's. It is so much fun, not only getting the tree that YOU picked out, but just spending time up in the mountains. Seeing the beauty that this world can offer and spending time with family and friends. So this year our friends had some property that they were nice enough to let us take a tree out of. So we get up there and we walk around some and nothing is really jumping out saying cut me down. So we continued further and further into their property. I eventually take off my own way and climb down a hill. There I started to take pictures of some trees that I think would work. So here is tree number 1:

Tree number 2:

And tree number 3:


Which one did I pick? Well as I was walking around I saw one tree and then turned around and down the trail was a tree that I thought looked just perfect. So I made my decision. Dan didn't say not to get it so I chose number 3. I thought it looked good. This is the one that said cut me down and let me be part of your Christmas. So that is what we did.

When we got home I was excited to get it up. And then I noticed that it wasn't as full as I remembered it being in the forest. In fact it is kinda sparse. But that is ok I love it anyway. Its not about the tree to me, its about the great memories that we make, the fun and time spent together. So here is our 2008 Christmas Tree.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim! I miss you! We went xmas tree hunting too. I should add it to my blog since I dont know what to blog about.

camille said...

I love it!!! I think the tree is perfect! Miss you guys, we should play soon, hope you guys are enjoying the holiday season! See you soon!
Camille and Jesse

Heather said...

That is freaking cute... I am still mad that I could go with you... I love your family.....
MISS YOU!